Sunday, August 1, 2010

Tias at Villa's






The "tias" are the caretakers of the children in the orphanage. It is so obvious that they love each child! I have so much respect and admiration for what these women do every day. And boy can they cook!!!! We were spoiled on the days they fed us lunch. Speaking of food, we were at Villa's on what was apparently delivery day for the food. I wish I had taken a picture of what was on the table. There was so much fresh fruit and cabbage and watermelon and things I didn't know the name of but it looked so good and healthy. And the table was piled with all of this! I watched one tia fix the fresh fruit juice for the day. She took fresh pineapple, sliced it up with some other fruit, and put it in the blender. Then she poured it into something like a five-gallon bucket while straining it through cheese cloth or something similar. She kept doing this and added the water and sugar. It tasted unbelievable!!

No comments:

Post a Comment