Thursday, March 25, 2010

Family Support is AWESOME!!












Just a quick update on what has been happening this week. When we started this journey, I knew that we would be touched in many different ways. However, one way that has truly surprised me is the connection (or maybe I should say re-connections) I have made with several family members on the Watson (my Dad's) side of the family.

Technology is amazing to say the least. Maybe I should explain a little about this. I've already blogged about my large immediate family. I didn't even attempt to go into my Dad's side of the family. Let's see if I can come close to getting this right. My grandmother (Mamo) and grandfather (Granddaddy Joe) had seven children....Arlo, Elizabeth (Sister), George Wayne (Bo), Louise, Palmer, Thera and Frank. If I have not left anyone out, there are nineteen first cousins and I will not even venture to go beyond that naming second and third cousins. To make it more complicated Granddaddy Joe had many, many, many brothers and sisters. Someone would have to help me out with the number on that. Anyway, the point to my story is to say that it has been great to hear from family from all over the United States.
We all tend to get so busy in our everyday lives that we don't have (or take) the time to remember our extended family, so this has been a GREAT opportunity for me to hear from them again.

I found out my first cousin's daughter who is pre-vet is planning to go on a mission trip to Costa Rica and Nicaragua this summer to work with vaccinating animals, nutering, and so forth. Katie, I think I will leave the animals to you and stick to working with the children!!Another first cousin's daughter is teaching Spanish at her local high school and offered help in translating. Thanks DeDe for passing on my e-mail and I may take Yvonne up on her offer. Spanish is a far cry from the math that I teach every day.
Other family members have offered support in many other ways. Thanks Aunt Glenda for being my first "blog" follower! Keep me posted on what's happening in the great state of Texas.

Harry and Diana, did you notice that Visiting Orphans is located in Brentwood, TN? I don't know if it is the Brentwood near Nashville or how close that might be to y'all.

I tried to find some old pictures I could add to the post so we might could have one of those "What was I thinking?" moments. Unfortunately, I am very limited on early pictures since Mom and Dad's house burned my Senior year in high school. So, if you have one I could use e-mail it to me and I will add it to the blog.

Instead I included a few pictures from the orphanages in Costa Rica. Check out how closely some of the children actually resemble some of our kids. Maybe we better check the Watson family tree??? Just kidding, but there is some uncanny resemblence.

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment