Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Where God Guides

I am so exicted that this summer I have the opportunity to be a part of a mission trip to Costa Rica. We will be spending two weeks with children from two different orphanages in Limon, Costa Rica. As a high school teacher, I have always felt like my classroom was my own personal mission field. I want my students to see Christ through me in all that I say and do. For a while I have wanted to expand my mission field. When we started looking into different trips, we knew that we wanted to work directly with children. (My youngest son is also going!!) After much time, prayer, and research we felt called to be a part of the Visiting Orphans team. This will be our first mission trip out of the country, but hopefully not the last.

Please pray for us as we are raising funds and preparing for the journey. We want God to use us as much as possible before, during and after the mission trip. We are attempting to learn a few Spanish terms and words so we will be able to communicate better with the children. If you see me at a baseball game, don't think I have gone crazy talking to myself. I am trying to use this time to practice Spanish on my ipod. There is a GREAT free application that I am practicing.

Our biggest concern was being able to raise enough money for both of us to go. But it is amazing how God works. The day we were prepared to ask our pastor to write our recommendation letter, he mentioned missions during the sermon and asked if anyone had anything planned. Now how can that NOT be a God thing? Our church is planning to make a donoation from their mission fund...YEA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment